Saturday, November 1, 2008

No on 8

It's a no brainer.
It's a matter of civil rights.
My marriage only effects my life and the life of Spouse A.
Taking away our civil right continues the reign of the "Taliban of religious zealots" stealing liberties in the name of their god.
Is their mission any different than what our noble soldiers are supposedly fighting against in the middle east?
I've been asked what we would do if 8 passes? I really don't know.
I will boycott any businesses that have donated to the passage. I will join the many others who will sue the state for my marriage to be recognized.
And I think I will come out as the Atheist that I am.
Maybe if people realized there are many who do not buy the theism and doctrine created by religious cults, they wouldn't be afraid to just say, "No". No to their ability to change our civil laws, education, choices and freedom in the name of their gods.
Keep it in your church, not in my life and not in my marriage.

How did the Bible, Book of Mormon and the Qur'an get into my civil liberties?

What do you think Lincoln would do?

No comments: